Wednesday 16 October 2013

Bass attack from black rock

As per title I had the oppertunity to try out a rod from black rock called bass attack.

 
 
First impressions where it was super light and the reel seat and rings looked well.
I did wonder was it up to the type of fishing that I do.
I had nice mullet and bass in mind for this rod.
These 2 species are hard fighters and don't mess around the mullet is one of our super hard fighting species and bass know how to scrap to, so would this rod be up to the job.

I had a mexico GR30 reel with 19lb P-line braid, these 2 where an excellent combination.
The reel suited the rod and the P-line was a dream to cast and gave the rod super sensitivity.
I was egar to try it out and my first chance was from court pier in co.wexford, not my first choice but I was heading home from the holidays and it was my only chance to give it a go.
At that time there wasn't much lure fishing available around the pier so I was bait fishing , with the cox&rawle bass rig.
It wasn't long before the bites started and I could see every nibble. The nibble turned into a nice bite and then I struck into my first fish on the bass attack rod. A nice little tub gurnard.

 
 
 
 
Not a monster but it was great to have a first fish on the new rod.
Even though there was little chance of action on the lures I had to see how the alcedo plugs would cast on this rod.
They are a very effictive plug for bass and pollack, it casted these plugs well I could get them out a good distance with out much effort.
So in short I love this rod and wish I lived closer to some spots to really test this nice rod.

So hopefully I will get a chance again in the near futher to hit the bass off wexford or at bash at my more local mullet. I'll update how I get on.
Till then have a look at this nice rod in your local tackle shop and if they don't have them ask them to get in, As Shamrock Tackle supply them trough out Ireland.

Till then Tight lines.
Graham Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment