Sunday 3 May 2015

Quick run out and quicker run back.

Hi all,
With the forecast being absolutely all over the place I decided to give today a miss.
But while heading down the road from the cinema with the kids the foyle was flat calm,
So home like a shot and out I went.
The tide was near low water and I had missed the best part of the tide but I was keen to try.
So I was away  like a shot and anchored in no time. It was very nice out there.

Nice but for how long.
The tide was near enough on the slack as I anchored up so the chum was deployed and the 2 tope rods where deployed. Plus a rod for the small stuff.
All was looking good rods where nicely sitting there I was sitting back waiting for the zzzzzzzzzzz.
 
First up was a flounder a fine bait size, so that fella was on straight away.
 
That unfortunate fella was lowered to the bottom to see what would take a fancy to him.
But it was dam quiet and after an hour there was no sign of any tope.
So all was quiet and some very dark dodgy looking clouds appeared in the back ground and heading my way.
 
I have seen those before, and I wasn't waiting for them to get to me. There was no bites at this time so to hell with it I was making a run for it.
But before I could get my anchor line wound up the first blast of lightning bounced on the far side of the Foyle.
 
With that I was away, and paddling at a decent rate. I was hoping to get to shore before it hit Moville.
But no the heavy rain started, and it was time to get the rods lay flat.
Rods in lightning mode  lol.
I was paddling as hard as I could at this stage, but it wasn't fast enough.
The sky just opened above me and it was like a monsoon.
 
 

It was a serious bit of weather, and to top it of there was a big clap of lightning not far away and yes after a pic or 2 more quick paddling.
Finally I was at the pier and the slip was like a river I could nearly have paddled up it lol.
No not a river, it is actually the slip. That was one hell of a down pour.
So that was that, a short session and only a tiddly flounder to show for it.
Theres always the next time.
 
Fingers crossed I'll see the sharp toothed fellas very soon.
Thanks for reading and tight lines until the next time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment