Thursday 19 March 2015

Cracking day afloat off Inishowen co.Donegal

Hi all.
Thankfully the old weather gods where kind to us and myself and 3 lads from Belfast Brian, Mike and Brendan.
I woke up to a bitter frosty morning but it the sun was shining and there was hardly a breeze out.
So the warm layers where grabbed and out the road I went to meet the lads along the way.

Mike was having car trouble so I brought the trident along. Here they are side by side. Stealth profisha 525 and a trident 13.
 
Thankfully we landed to a fine flat sea and a glorious sun burning off the frost.
There was no need for the warm gear at this stage it was like a summers day.
 With out any fuss out we went in search of coalies for bait.

The coalies where no where to be found, So we cracked on to our mark with what frozen bait we had.
No pic of Brendan as he was still retrieving his line he ran off lol.
It was fantastic out there and it was one of the few times it was proper warm out there.
What a day even with very little fishy action it was great to be out.
But we gave the big flat lads a try even though we where on a different mark, and this was my weapon of choice. One of a few brutes of mackerel I got at the end of last year.
 
Thankfully after the rod got a decent rattle and this small ling made a very welcome appearance.
But that was it for a long while for me Brian managed a single string of 4 fine coalies and that was it for about 2hrs. Until this lad devoured my baits. A fine rockling and again I was glad to see him.
So with that the glorious day a float came to and end, and although the fishing was quiet it was great to be out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment