Monday 8 September 2014

Home made tackle box.

Hi all here is my latest attempt at a tackle box.
It had to be handy, light weight, cheap, water proof and multipurpose tackle box.
Well there aren't many tackle boxes on the market that can tick all those boxes but after mulling over many possibilities and not wanting to have to spend a fortune I came up with a new tackle box/live tank.
I had a spare 10" hatch in the shed not doing anything and a ten litre plastic jar. So it was out to the shed.

It's such an easy make theres not much to say about it. Just line up the hatch and cut the hole.


Put a generous bead of tech-7 at the top of the opening and place it in position.


 
Holes drilled to suit the rivets and then pop them in.
But as split rivets have hollow centers I placed a blob of tech-7 in the top of each rivet to seal them.


So with in 20mins and about E12.00  in total that's including split rivets and tech-7 adhesive. I had a new tackle box that fits all my needs. I can easily get enough for a long weekends fishing in it and can easily be used as a live tank. Also if the jar gets damaged I can simply remove the hatch and put it on a new one at very little cost. So if you like the luck of it have a go it's very easy. 


1 comment: