Monday 6 July 2015

Tralee what a place.

Hi all,
Just a quick report from my trip to Tralee,
I fished with James Leehey on one of his local marks looking to see could I bag a couple of ray that I never had before and what ever else was about.

Well the day before and night before there was torrential rain and I had my concerns about how it may effect the fishing. Yes that is my excuse for  catching bugger all lol.
We got out into a bay missing the high water slack but we fished on trough the ebb tide with not a lot to show for it.
But after a while James managed to pull an undulate ray out soon followed by another.
My ray rods lay quiet but I managed a good few species while I waited. Most of them where a first for this year. I had tub gurnard, grey gurnard, sandeel, garfish, and dab.
But thankfully before to long I managed a very nicely marked undulate ray, a species I had never caught before so I was very happy with that.
So no sign of any stingers that day, but it was very enjoyable and good to catch up with James.
It will just be a good excuse to go down there again.
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment