Tuesday 29 July 2014

Kayak rod holder fitting

As per title I fitted some new rod holders to my trident 13.
It comes with 2 rod holders built in, but I like to have my 2 main rods and a bait rod for searching for extra bait while the tope rods are fishing. So I needed the extra rod holders.
It never use to be a problem but I have stopped using my old tackle box to cut down on the weight and that had 2 rod holders on it.
So I got a pair of feel free flush mount rod holders from Bantry Bay Canoes and they work out nicely for the flat area behind the original rod holders.
They are a good set, It comes with screws, rod lanyards and clips so they are good value.
Opened and ready  fitting.
Abit of lining up here and making sure it will work before I starting drilling big holes in it lol.
A trial run in a piece of timber first, to be sure the drill is the wright size.
Nerve wrecking moment. First hole drilled, I moved it back 20mm to allow for any errors.
Hole drilled and the rod holder dropped in place. Work out perfect. Ideal size for the space available.
 

Time for the next one before screwing into final position.
A good wallop of Tech 7 and add  the screws.
That's them in and angled slightly out the way. To stop the rod tips hitting.
 
Job done, I am happy with them at the moment and they should work out fine.
I'll just have to go out and catch some fish now.
 
Thanks for reading and until next time.
Tight lines.
 

2 comments:

  1. For rod holders and other rigging item visit Darrens kayaks. If you can't see what he has online give him a ring on 02761515. If he is unable to answer the phone he will get back to you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......Nice post keep it up and keep sharing. Do you want boat accessories? Visit here Fishing pole holders

    ReplyDelete